Categories:

Music for Every Taste

Ever thought of what other people listen to in the hallway? During the school day, a lot of the students at Bowling Green Junior High School have airpods in for most of their time at school. Let’s look at what other students think of different artists!
Music for Every Taste

Living in the south, country music is very popular among the students at BGJHS. Morgan Wallen is currently one of the most popular country music artists. He has won 15 Billboard Music Awards. Lainey Wilson, another popular country music artist, has 5 CMA awards and one Grammy. They both rose to fame during the years 2023–2024. 7th grader Grace Toohey said, “I like Morgan Wallen because his music is catchy and it makes me feel good.” Another 7th grader, Tenley Carrico, said, “Lainey Wilson is one of my favorite country music artists.” The music makes me confident and captivates my attention. Country music is slowly but surely becoming popular among the students at Bowling Green Jr. High.

The world of pop has been taken over by none other than the pop sensation known as Taylor Swift. Taylor is so popular because she has made so many songs in only 17 years and won 14 Grammy Awards. 7th grader Grace Prather said, “I just love her music, and I like how she is as a person, and she is an amazing songwriter.” 6th grader Ruby Heltsley said, “I love her song, Lavender Haze.” Taylor Swift has pulled in millions of fans at concerts, and she has the most sold-out tour of any concert.

Our BGJHS students, of all grade levels and ages, love listening to rap. Rap started to become popular in 1979, and our generation now has a huge rap community. Two of the most popular rap artists here at BGJHS are Drake and 21 Savage. 7th grader Jett Reynolds said, “I like 21 Savage because he makes me feel hyped.” Another 7th grader, Neely Clubb, stated, “Drake makes me feel many different emotions, like happiness.” It doesn’t matter your gender or grade level; many students here at BGJHS love listening to rap music.

The three most popular music genres are country, rap, and pop. While students are working on assignments, you will more than likely find them listening to Taylor Swift. You may also see them jamming to Drake as they are getting pumped up for a game.

What is your music taste?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Donate to The Purple Perspective
$25
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Bowling Green Junior High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.